What is #GivingTuesday?
GivingTuesday (Dec. 3rd) is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season. #GivingTuesday inspires millions of people to come together to support and champion the causes they believe in and the communities in which they live.
What is #GivingTuesdayCLT?
Presented by Wells Fargo and powered by SHARE Charlotte, #GivingTuesdayCLT (Dec. 3rd) is Charlotte’s local response to the global movement. It is an unprecedented collaboration of hundreds of Charlotte nonprofits as well as corporations, local businesses, community organizations and individuals coming together through good. #GivingTuesdayCLT, which has influenced more than $24M in gifts to Charlotte nonprofits, is designed to:
● Rally the Charlotte community around the common goal of doing good
● Celebrate and promote acts of giving financial gifts, volunteer time or donating goods
● Educate the public on the critical work Charlotte nonprofits are doing
● Keep Charlotte on the global GivingTuesday map as a caring and philanthropy community
How can you support Circle de Luz?
Circle de Luz’s overall goal this year to raise during #GivingTuesdayCLT, is $2,500. Reaching this goal will allow us to continue providing our unique and dynamic programming, and overall continue our work to support our beautiful hijas, and their families.
There are 3 ways you can support our cause during this international movement:
1) Follow us on our social media platforms. Below you can find links to all our platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter). Follow us today, to stay on top of everything Circle de Luz related, and feel free to re-post and comment as you wish!
Facebook – @Circledeluz
Instagram – @Circledeluz
Twitter – @circledeluz
2) You can direct people to our Share Charlotte profile where donations can be accepted easily. You can copy and paste this link to your link in bio on Instagram, and copy/paste it on every post on Facebook and Twitter, so that people can get to it easily. (make sure you include this link on EVERY post you are sending out). If you want to receive our Social Media toolkit, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive it and have language to post on your own.
2) You can create a fundraiser on your Facebook page, and ask people to donate directly to Circle de Luz. HERE you can find a step by step guide on how to create your fundraiser, select a goal for yourself, and begin reaching out to your network.
3) You can create a fundraiser on your Instagram stories by adding the “Donate” button to them, before you share. HERE you can find a step by step guide on how to create your fundraiser supporting Circle de Luz via your “Instagram Stories”.
For more information on how you can support Circle de Luz during this wonderful international movement. Please email us at email@example.com.