To contact a member of the Circle de Luz Board of Directors with questions or comments, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to respond to your email promptly. Please also see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Mary Kathryn Elkins, Development Chair, is a mom who owns Run For Your Life’s north Charlotte location with her husband Chris. Formerly an employee of Davidson College, where she also went to school, she strives to live a life of leadership and service. Other than her work with Circle de Luz and Run For Your Life, Mary Kathryn loves to be outside, cuddle with her lab, read, cook and try to make her sons laugh.
- Jennifer Fowler, Treasurer, is a former non-profit fundraiser, a mom, and a yoga teacher. In addition to working with Circle de Luz, she serves on the board of her children’s preschool. Originally from Frankfort, KY she now lives in Charlotte, NC with her husband and two sons.
- Anna Freuler, Program Chair/ Class of 2014 Captain, is a graduate of East Carolina University with a B.A. in Psychology. She is a technology/business consultant with Wells Fargo supporting the Retirement line of business. In addition to her involvement with Circle de Luz, she enjoys playing soccer and is a regular participant in the local triathlon circuit. Though a native Charlottean, she now lives in Cornelius, NC.
- Faith Green, Board Member/ Special Projects Coordinator, was raised in New York City. She is of Puerto Rican descent and now lives in Charlotte, NC with her husband and son. She is the Special Projects Coordinator for Circle de Luz. She organizes the State of the Circle event and any summer or special programming for the hijas. She also helps organize any fundraising for Circle de Luz as well as the annual Thank you Mija event. Faith loves to be a part of Circle de Luz because she understands and can relate to the challenges young latina girls face, not only academically, but also in their personal lives. If she can reach just one girl, and make a difference in their lives, then it will all be worth it to her. Circle de Luz gives her the opportunity to reach several girls. During her free time, she loves to try new restaurants with her husband, and spend time with her four month old son.
- Rosemary Klein, Partnership Chair/ Class of 2016 Captain, is a retired middle school teacher. She has worked with Amigos de Cristo tutoring Latino children and chairs the Nicaragua Partnership Committee at Davidson College Presbyterian Church. Married to Ben Klein of the Davidson College mathematics faculty and with two grown sons and two granddaughters, Klein is also an avid runner and Spanish student.
- Rosie Molinary, Board Chair, is an author, speaker, and educator. She is the author of Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance and Hijas Americanas: Beauty, Body Image, and Growing Up Latina. Raised in Columbia, SC, she is of Puerto Rican descent and now lives in Davidson, NC with her husband and son.
- Jocelyn Negron-Rios, Resources Chair, is an Executive Coordinator for a Charlotte based food company. She is currently working on her undergraduate degree in International Business with an expected graduation date of 2014. Raised in NYC, she is of Puerto Rican descent and now lives in Huntersville, NC with her husband and two young sons. She enjoys spending her free time writing, cooking, reading and traveling. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends and feels honored to be part of such a wonderful organization that allows her to give back to her community and empower the next generation of young Latina leaders.